Enterprising Limpsfield is an entirely new business, with its own vision for what a contemporary pub/hub can be.
As well as being a great local meeting point for a pint, we aim to make the absolute most of this historic pub in our beautiful village location, utilising separate, versatile spaces for private dining events, gatherings, workspace, business meetings and much more besides.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER
We want to create a warm and welcoming space for all, renovating and refurbishing this historic building to ensure it remains at the heart of the community for many years to come.
We will continue to provide everything you’d expect from your local pub: friendly service, familiar faces, down-to-earth local food and drink, bar snacks, quizzes, key televised sports, small events and local community-inclusive activities.
However, we want to be more than just a pub, creating community hub – a “pub/hub” if you will.
We will have a selection of separate areas – private dining, private rooms, The Barn, main pub and car park/beer garden that can be utilized for all kinds of activities and can be used to support local businesses, enterprise and community.
Here are some of our ideas:
- Food – serving tasty food throughout the day, showcasing seasonal and local produce, with a weekend brunch offering
- Drink – a core offering, exploring and featuring local products and new trends and tastes
- Events – providing event management services, creative solutions at ours/yours/other venues
- Collaboration & Pop-ups – hosting ad hoc events within The Bull such as mixing and tasting showcases, highlighting innovation and local entrepreneurship, comedy and music, street food
- Business hub – supporting local home-based businesses and entrepreneurs – providing meeting place, networking opportunities and ad hoc business facilities
- Workshops/Ideas – fun, learning experiences such as Fix Fest, Pint of Science, Speakezee, book clubs, photography, speakers
- Wellbeing & Nutrition – linking to our food/drink offering providing specialist information e.g. personal consultations, sugar reduction, sports nutrition, specific health related topics (hormones, dementia etc), pilates, yoga, bootcamps, guided walking, cycling groups
- Family – ad hoc targeted activities for a variety of age groups, including breakfast drop-ins for young and old
- Culture, Arts & Craft – ad hoc exhibitions, painting workshops, history talks/groups, knitting/crochet/sewing groups etc
- Style – pop-up shops, fashion shows, swap nights, styling events etc
We aim to provide a friendly, welcoming, inclusive space that’s accessible to all!
MANAGEMENT & STAFF
The investment group will not be pulling the pints or managing the pub on a daily basis! We know our limits!
Our professional and experienced management team will run and develop the business on a day to day basis. We will start recruitment for operational positions soon, so please do get in touch if you’re interested or know someone who might be.
We’ll also be looking for locally-based permanent, casual, full-time and part -time staff.
SUPPORT FOR LOCAL FOOD & DRINK PRODUCERS
Over the last week, since we launched our initiative, we have received many calls and emails from local producers, like-minded businesses, chefs, suppliers and lots of other creative people looking to chat about potential collaborations.
This is EXACTLY what we were hoping for and what we envisage for our new venture – a creative and inspiring hub that can provide an array of products, services and activity, becoming a contemporary and inclusive space for local businesses, residents and visitors alike.
The sorts of people and local food and drink related businesses we’d love to work with, will be those who produce the following:
- Craft beers and wines
- Soft drinks
- Bread, cakes and pastries
- Meat, fish and poultry
- Cheese, ice cream and other dairy products
- Salad and vegetables
Plus, we’re really keen to talk to local chefs and foodies for pop-up restaurants and tastings events.
The Bull Inn is now closed for refurbishment and will re-launch in early autumn, when it will emerge, renovated, rejuvenated and ready for action as Limpsfield’s own community hub!