History of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn is a Grade II listed building that has been at the heart of local life since the 16th Century, serving an eclectic bunch of customers from local gentry to labourers and, most likely, larcenists!

On the well trodden path from the south coast to London, the Bull was a welcome stopping point before the trudge over the North Downs and still marks a stop-off point for cyclists doing the London to Brighton or Eastbourne routes and local hikers, ramblers and dog-walkers.


Formerly a hotel, The Bull has been operating as an inn for hundreds of years and must have seen its fair share of Limpsfield life, both good and bad! Today, it’s much loved by locals and visitors alike, but still plays a part in many local goings-on!

Until the late 1800s,  The Bull was owned by Bushell & Co of Westerham, but has been a free house for many years, supplying many locally brewed beers, particularly those from Westerham Brewery and known for its great food, roaring fire in the winter and friendly atmosphere.

The Bull, c 1915, Limpsfield

The Bull will soon be the venue for Enterprising Limpsfield Ltd, an exciting new venture that aims to provide a community hub to promote local food, drink and other locally-owned small businesses.  The new business aims to be open by the early Autumn 2018, following extensive refurbishment.

As part of the purchase by Enterprising Limpsfield Limited, The Grade II listed building has now gained protection as an Asset of Community Value (making it subject to additional protection from development under the Localism Act 2011) and ensuring The Bull Inn will continue to play an important role in Limpsfield for many years to come.

%d bloggers like this: