We’ve been overwhelmed by support from the local community and beyond, some as far afield as Australia and the USA! Individuals and families have come together to raise an awful lot of money so far (£1.13m), allowing us to complete the freehold purchase of The Bull in May and commence our operational designs for the refurbishment of this historic building.
Now it’s time for a big push to reach our stretch target and enable us to make Enterprising Limpsfield at The Bull the best pub-hub it can be, realising our business plan for this exciting local project. Our forthcoming investment close is next Friday, 29th June 2018.
A push to meet our final target…
We have just under £100k of equity available from £500 minimum investment (£100 for those under 30) on the same EIS terms as before and we welcome new investors to join the 170 already on board!
Eligible EIS investors can benefit from shares that enjoy a 30% tax relief and other protections and benefits aimed at encouraging investment in enterprising businesses. Please do see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/venture-capital-schemes-tax-relief-for-investors.
All investors will own shares in the operational business as well as the asset, allowing our professional team to optimise the operational functionality of the building, install new kitchen, event and bar equipment, update furniture and fittings alongside new branding, staff and systems – all ahead of launch in the autumn.
Lots going on over the next few months:
- Exterior refurbishment – painting and general repairs, including upgrading and improving the outdoor seating area.
- Interior renovation – working with our expert design team, Design Twenty Five to remodel the unique interior to allow for better space utilisation with both intimate and larger areas to accommodate varied activity – from popping in for a quick pint to exciting eating experiences, including private celebrations and a range of events.
- Interior design – sourcing unique fixtures and fittings to enhance the space, creating a welcoming one-off independent venue and comfortable environment to work, learn and play.
- Services update – updating electrics, plumbing and communications (to give you great WiFi to use).
- New kitchen – we’ve been working with specialist kitchen designers to get the very best out of the limited space available given the historic nature of the building. We have achieved a layout that any chef and kitchen team would be happy to work in, capable of turning out delicious food, whatever the occasion.
- Systems set up and initial recruitment – the final phase will be to set up bookings and payment systems, recruitment, employment and training of new staff.
We are making very good progress in all areas and have therefore set the forthcoming investment close for next Friday 29th June 2018.
If you would like to invest, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need more information, please email us with any questions.
We look forward to updating you further very soon!